Sunday, July 22, 2012

In Training

Well I had a rush of blood to the head last weekend - and decided to enter the Ravellenic Games - a kind of Knitting Olympics. This used to be called the Ravelympics but Ravelry got a 'cease and desist' letter so had to change the name !!!!*!*!*
Anyway, the aim is to select a challenging project and make it during the course of the Games.
I was inspired by designer Helene Magnusson's offer of anyone making one of her patterns and being in Team Iceland thus qualifying for a prize of a 4 day tour in Iceland in November. That could be an expensive prize for me - however......
I plan to make Flag. It means learning the technique of intarsia - another way of working with different colour wools. So I have been practising - and it is paying off!




I am also working on stripe scarf with the most beautiful Rowan Kidsilk Haze sent by my lovely cousin in Canada. It is great for Knit Nights as it doesn't require heavy concentration. The yarn is dyed that way - it's is so soft.

We received our second Winter Sock Club project - and they aren't always socks. This is a beautiful shawl in a soft violet. Not too demanding and I am happy to have it complete before I move on to my Olympian Challenge. And I can wear it of course.




No comments:

Post a Comment