Monday, July 29, 2013

Some progress



Well - I've had a wee break as I went and got a new hip - titanium no less.
I didn't feel like knitting until I got back home. Strangely my post-op days are quite busy with exercises, walking and resting. Also doing any task takes about 3 times as long as normal but things are improving daily so I'm happy. And I have managed to get some knitting done. The mojo socks are almost finished - just the 'afterthought' heels to complete.
And I've made another Stockholm-Helsinki-Dunedin cowl - this one as a present.
The crochet squares for the Rainbow Blanket are now complete - in fact I think I have 109 instead of 108. Next is to lay them out and sew up...
But what better than to start on a new project instead of finishing something - this is Elfe and I am using   Vintage Purls sock yarn - the pink is called Elsa S. and is from the latest Winter Sock Club. I thought the colour was way too good for socks - it is a glorious deep pink. It is a top-down and seamless construction. My gauge was off but then the pattern size was a little large so I'm hoping it will all come out in the wash. That may be courting disaster - so I've done something I rarely do and put in a lifeline just at the end of the cap sleeve - to make it easier to frog back if necessary.


1 comment:

  1. I hope you are feeling better and that you are doing ok after the op. Take care!

    ReplyDelete