Friday, December 14, 2012

Colourful knits


 

Well I finished making the Christmas presents - the knitted ones anyway.
Also made these balls above to adorn some Christmas trees.

Next I started on the pullover below. It is a Lang yarn pattern - adorable - the child and the pullover. The pattern itself is another matter however - incomprehensible and unworkable in places. I've resorted to just making it up. Now I have  a problem with the raglan sleeves being too short so will have to rip it back and adjust the pattern to make it work. But it has annoyed me so it is having a wee rest for now.


So next up is Tempest and I am making it using some yarn from the Mill Shop in Milton. It was a total bargain and I loved the colours - I bought 4 different colours. It has a 'high twist' so I have been extra good and swatched, washed my swatch and now I've even washed the pieces before assembling.
For now they are drying.

So I've started something else - Spotty Cardi. Officially it is Design R0040, Ladies' Jacket from the Regia Journal 001 - Colour Effects by Kaffe Fassett. There are some great patterns in there - all in a similar 'Persian Poppies' style using the Regia Kaffe Fassett yarns. I don't think it is too easy to buy the Journal though - the only way I could find it was to buy it as a kit. The main colour of the kit was a light blue/green - not really my colour. However my sister loved it so she then ordered the gray and we swapped.

I'm working on 2.5mm needles - and have done about 4 rows of rib. It might take a wee while.....

That makes 4 wip's - hopefully I'll get some finished before starting anything more.

No comments:

Post a Comment