Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Recycled swatch

You may remember this - from the Unwind Knitting Retreat in March. It was my swatch from the Persian Poppies class. My mother always said 'waste not, want not' and so I was wondering what to do with it.

It was pretty much the shape of a hottie (hot water bottle) and also looks very cheerful and sunny so I then decided to make the other side in a /dark/night/moonlight style
 and there you have it - the Kath and Kel Hottie Cover. I have named it after that lovely couple from the Australian TV show Kath and Kim - Kel Knight and Kath Day-Knight.
Of course it has no shaping for the neck of the hottie because I couldn't be bothered - and it works just fine. And unexpectedly, I have discovered that it makes for a very warm hottie all night

No comments:

Post a Comment